Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Watch what you say!

So after reporting Monday that nothing was going on with my cervix ( my Dr's words) I came home and worked- all afternoon my stomach was tight and somewhat uncomfortable but nothing that caused me concern ( I have had Braxton Hicks contractions off and on since about 20 weeks) - until that evening...around 6:15 or so I started having more pain and decided that maybe these weren't just Braxton Hicks that I was feeling so I decided to lay down and time them- they weren't regular but they were closer together than I thought they should be so I told Kurt I would feel better if we drove in to the hospital just to get checked out - especially since we live about 30 minutes out and I am all about an epidural !!! Kelsey was 8 days early and an extremely fast labor- i.e. no time for pain meds :( - and Houston was 1 day late and a scheduled induction- so I'm guessing this one could go either way ??? once we got to the hospital they hooked me up to the monitors so we could see my contractions and hear Major's heartbeat- the nurse checked me and said that I was dilated to a 1 ( remember just that morning I was 0 and "nothing going on") and said she would re check me in about 2 hours and if there was no cervical change I could go home. I continued to have what I am assuming were contractions ( she said that some Braxton Hicks contractions hurt so they could have been these I guess) but at the end of the 2 hr period I was the same so I was lucky enough to come home and get to sleep in my bed ! thank goodness because I still have not packed our bags for the hospital -yes I am doing that within the next couple of days- and I have strict instructions per my hubby to not do anything strenuous for the next couple of days b/c he is in California to see the Horns play in the Rose Bowl...my mom is here and she is a complete blessing- she's already gone to the store for me, given H-man a bath and they are now playing while I work.... and I might even get a nap later :) Can I get an Amen for Mimi's !!! I only worked a half day yesterday and I have felt much better- I am hoping to keep him in there at least another 9 days until I am 38 weeks. However, I realize we are going to be on Major's timetable and not our own but I am doing what I can to "take it easy" ( or something like it:)

3 comments:

Laura said...

How exciting! He will be here before we know it. I can't believe Kurt went to Cali.

Kayla said...

Oh my goodness! You are so close! Take it easy over the next few days and keep us posted!!

The Wiemers said...

You better get those bags packed!!! Can't wait to meet him!!!