Where has the time gone ?? I'm feeling pretty unmotivated these days to shop, wrap or do anything holiday related. Maybe it's this ever growing belly that seems to get bigger everyday !! I am trying hard to force myself into the Christmas spirit- normally by this time of the year I have long sent out Chrismas cards ( not happening this year but I will try and send out birth announcements so maybe I can redeem myself that way :) have all the presents not only bought, but wrapped and under the tree- not so much this year. I still have a list of things to buy, presents stashed around the house waiting to be wrapped, and 2 big Tupperware containers of Christmas decorations that didn't quite make it out of their home this year. Now don't get me wrong I haven't been a total Scrooge, I did get my tree up,lighted garland on the mantel and staircase as well as some other lighted decorations around the house and a special "mini" tree in Houston's room just for Sesame Street ornaments,and Kurt not only got the out of control bushes in the front yard trimmed but lights on them as well ( thank you sweetie). But, I still somehow feel "behind"...I am off work until the 28th and am so excited -I think I may attempt to build my first ever gingerbread house with H and Kels and I am pretty sure I am nesting. I have gotten most of Major's clothes (which are actually Houston's clothes with a few new additions) washed and ready and in the closet, his room is ready except for one last thing that needs to be hung on the wall, and I made a trip to Babies R Us yesterday to get some last minute things I thought might be good to have on hand with a baby around ( you know bottles, diapers, baby wash, onesies :)
I will leave you with a description from Baby Center of what Mr. Major has accomplished as of this past week of growing. I hope everyone is having a healthy, blessed Christmas season so far.
Your pregnancy: 34 weeks
How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment