Saturday, May 14, 2011

For Nikki

I ran in my first 5 k this morning and while I am not a great runner ( I do it but I neither like it or excel at it ) I actually had a really good time doing it. Kels, her friend Alexa and my friend Kelley (who is a great runner and just recently completed her first half marathon...go Kelley !) all ran it too. The race was a fundraiser for Nikki, the sweetest girl you could meet,that goes to school with Kels and has been battling cancer for way too many years. She was out there to root everyone on and it was so awesome to see her smiling face. I am already researching my next 5k so I guess I liked it more than I realized :) If anyone reads this and would like to make a contribution to Nikki's fund just contact me and I will get the info to you on how to do that. Have a great weekend and LIVESTRONG!

1 comment:

Kelley Senter said...

I am so proud of you for running today!